Who to speak to if you have a problem?

Should you encounter a problem, have a query, want to make a complaint or share a concern, there are a variety of people, you can talk to. The best person to speak to will depend on the nature of the problem. Within the Oaks CE Learning Federation, your first point of contact will normally be your child’s class teacher, who will be able to help resolve issues, or direct you to the best point of contact. Wherever possible, our admin team are also available during the school day to speak with anyone who may want to discuss a problem as well.

What if I have a concern about a child’s safety or well being?

Should this ever the be the case, it is your duty to disclose concerns to one of the Federation’s Designated Safeguard Leads. In each school this is Mr Bowen, the Executive Head Teacher, Mrs Flynn, the Deputy Head Teacher, or Mrs Thomas, the Inclusion Lead.

This section relates to further information which can be found in our child protection policy and safeguarding policy.

What if I have a problem with attendance?

If your child is unable to attend school, please follow the school procedures and contact the school office as soon as possible on the morning of the absence. If you have more regular problems with attendance, please contact your child’s teacher, or a member of the leadership team, via the school office to discuss this further. More information regarding attendance can be found within the information section of this website.

What if I have a concern regarding my child’s progress or learning?

We would always advise that concerns should be raised firstly with the class teacher, as this is the person who has the fullest picture of any child in school. The class teacher will liaise with the schools SENCO and seek advice where needed. At times, a meeting may be needed to meet with the school’s SENCO. Your child’s class teacher can help with organising this meeting.

What if I am not happy with my child’s provision?

We would always urge parents to communicate this with the class teacher first. However, if you’re not satisfied with what your child’s teacher is able to offer, you may wish to discuss this further with Mr Bowen, the Executive Head Teacher or another member of the leadership team. The class teacher or school’s admin team will be able to help organise this meeting or a time for a phone conversation.

What if I feel my child is being bullied?

The Federation has an anti-bullying policy which details the schools take on bullying. If you have any concern regarding bullying, please report this directly to your child’s class teacher as soon as possible.

What if I have a general problem?

Our dedicated admin team are always happy to help with any issues you may have. Please feel free to phone or email using the email address located on the contacts page.

What if I have a complaint?

Please refer to the school’s complaint procedures. This can be located within the Federation policy section.